Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sneijder: I Would Love Van Der Vaart To Join

Wesley Sneijder has said that he wants to play alongside Rafael Van der Vaart at Real Madrid and believes his versatile compatriot would be a strong addition to the squad.

Sneijder: I Would Love Van Der Vaart To Join

Reports suggest that los Merengues are set to finalise the transfer of the Hamburg player next week and if that move goes through then it could signal the end of the Cristiano Ronaldo saga.

When asked about his partnership with Van der Vaart at Ajax and the Netherlands national team, Sneijder said he would like it to resume at the Bernabéu.

"It would be great to play again alongside him at Madrid," he told reporters.

"He can play in the middle or in the same role that Raúl has been playing behind the striker. I think he is also comfortable in the two central midfield positions too.

"Having a player so versatile would be great in a season that will not doubt be very long and see some injuries."

Sneijder is also looking forward to the new season and is pleased that Schuster is prepared to let him play his own game, as long as he remembers to track back.

"I have a lot of freedom when I play, but Schuster does ask me to make sure to cover my defensive duties as well as going forward," he continued.

"I can play on the right, left or in the centre. Normally I play on the left, but when I find space in the middle I drift in behind the main forward."

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All