Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cesc: In Gallas We Trust

Arsenal ace Cesc Fabregas has thrown his full support behind club captain William Gallas in a recent interview with FourFourTwo magazine.

EPL: Francesc Fabregas , William Gallas and Manuel Almunia, Arsenal

Arsene Wenger's decision to entrust the captain's armband to Gallas, who incidentally is the subject of persistent transfer interest from Paris Saint Germain, is one of his most oft criticised.

The French defender's suitability for the role came under the most severe scrutiny when he staged that infamous sit-down protest on the pitch at St Andrews last February as Arsenal conceded two points in the title race to Birmingham, who converted a last-gasp penalty to draw 2-2.

Although Fabregas acknowledged that fixture as the moment it all came unravalled for Arsenal last campaign, he has refused to put the blame on Gallas.

"Maybe that (St Andrews) is where all our problems started. We had a month-and-a-half after that game where our heads were not right," said the Spaniard.

"William is a great captain, I really respect him, and the longer he is giving us the benefit of his experience, the better."

Fabregas, himself, has been earmarked as a future Arsenal skipper, and he left no doubt that he feels up to the task.

"I've shown I can take that responsibility and if I was made captain I would give even more - I don't know where I'd get that little extra from but I'd try to find it," he added.

"But I'm only 21. Right now I just want to win something for Arsenal."

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All