Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Kameni Shrugs Off Malaria Bout

Carlos Kameni has shrugged off concerns over his health after he contracted malaria and stated that it was a normal thing to happen in Cameroon.

Kameni Shrugs Off Malaria Bout

The Espanyol keeper is expected to make a full recovery after returning to Barcelona and admitted that he was never scared when doctors told him that he had the illness.

Now he wants to focus on building back up his strength in pre-season and competing with new signing Cristian Álvarez for a place in Tintin Márquez's side.

"It was only light malaria. I was not frightened because it is a normal illness in my country," Kameni told reporters.

"I took my tablets for this visit but even so it still managed to find a way through.

"I will work hard to regain my fitness and to help the team. If I am feeling fine then I will be able to go Manchester (on a pre-season tour), but if not I will continue coaching."

Kameni had been linked with a move away from Espanyol, but he now believes that he will stay with the club because he feels that he owes them for their loyalty.

"I have a contract until 2009 and I am not thinking about anything else in my mind other than to stay here," he continued.

"In all honesty, I am happy in Barcelona and things will be sorted out soon. But I think it will be hard for me to leave. I am grateful to Espanyol."

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All