Monday, July 28, 2008

Muntarti Delighted With Inter Move

Sulley Muntari has spoken of his delight about joining Italian champions Inter Milan, describing it as a “dream move”.

Muntarti Delighted With Inter Move

The 23-year-old Ghanaian completed his transfer to the Nerazzurri from Portsmouth for a fee of around €16m, signing a four-year contract at San Siro.

“First of all, I want to thank Inter who believed in me. I am very happy to be here,” said Muntari as he was unveiled to the press today.

“It was my dream to play for a big team like Inter. I want to win a lot with this team.

“I played against Jose Mourinho once and I saw how they played. We lost 1-0 and Chelsea were very good, so it is a pleasure to have him as Coach.”

It is a return to Serie A for Muntari, who played for Udinese between 2002 and 2007 before signing for Portsmouth last year.

“In the Premier League they play a different kind of football to the style in Italy, but during the last year I have matured as a player and as a man,” he explained.

“When I was playing for Udinese, I was very young and I did not have enough experience, this is why I received many cards.

“But now I have grown older and I have learned how to manage certain situations. The coach must not worry.”

Finally Muntari spoke about his Ghanaian national team-mate, and good friend, Michael Essien, who played under Mourinho at Chelsea.

“We are very close, almost brothers, and we have the same skin colour,” said Muntari.

“He is a strong player and he worked a lot with Mourinho. We have different skills and the coach knows it: he has a good right foot, I am lefty.

“Essien is a very good player and I cannot say to be better than him. The field will decide how important I will be for Inter. My goal is to help the team win, not to be stronger than someone else.”

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All