Thursday, July 31, 2008

De La Red Ready To Impress At Madrid

Rubén De la Red has said that he would not feel under any pressure if Rafael Van der Vaart signs for Real Madrid and believes that he also has a place at the club.

Ruben De la Red - Getafe

The 23-year-old midfielder was re-signed by los Colchoneros after spending a season with Getafe and he is confident that he can prove himself at the Bernabéu.

Van der Vaart is reported to be signing for Madrid next week and that could limit De la Red's chances, but he does not think it will have much effect.

"The arrival of Van der Vaart does not worry me. If the club want to sign him it is because they think he is a great player," he told Marca.

"I am calm and have seen no sign that I will have to leave. The fact that there have not been many signings means that there is a good squad here and that the club counts on the players already here.

"This season I am prepared to prove myself and to show that can play in this team.

"All the youth team players want to have some minutes an to play and I have been playing well enough and had international experience.

"I believe that I have done what was expected of me and now I need to play like I did for Getafe."

De la Red feels like he has joined Madrid as a new player having had to sign a contract and make the move back across the Spanish capital.

"It does feel like that because season I was with Getafe and Madrid had to sign me because I was not on loan," he explained.

Finally, De la Red explained that he can play anywhere in the centre of the park and hopes that his versatility will prove to be useful for coach Bernd Schuster.

"I like to play in the pivotal role, although I am also very comfortable in either midfield position. In that sense I have no problem and feel that I can be a part of the plans," he added.

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All