Thursday, July 24, 2008

Senna Ends All Prem Speculation

Villarreal star Marcos Senna - whose performances for Spain at Euro 2008 wowed several would-be suitors from the Premier League - has ended any prospect of a move to England by signing a new deal with the Primera Liga side.

Villarreal star Marcos Senna

Marcos Senna, the Brazilian-born midfielder who excelled for Spain in their triumphant Euro 2008 campaign, attracting keen interest from Europe's top sides, including several in England, has committed his future, as expected, to Villarreal.

After being linked with Arsenal, Manchester United and Everton, Senna has ruled out any move to England, though he plans to head back to Brazil later in his career.

For the foreseeable future, though, he will continue to sail in the Yellow Submarine.

Senna was quoted in The Sun today as saying: "I want to play the next World Cup with Spain and I’m hopeful I’ll be able to win the Champions League with Villarreal — that’s my dream.

“I’ve been living in Spain for six years and feel great at Villarreal.

"For sure I’ll return to Brazil when my contract is over, where I’m building a house to live at with my wife and son."

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All