Thursday, July 24, 2008

Edmílson: Thank God I Played With Ronaldinho

Edmílson has admitted that he will always be grateful for having had the chance to play alongside Ronaldinho while reflecting on the end of an era at Barcelona.



The Brazilian midfielder joined Villarreal at the end of last season and is already looking forward to facing his old club, but he does not think that things will be the same at Camp Nou.

With himself, Ronaldinho and Deco all having left and Samuel Eto'o likely to follow, Edmílson is just pleased to have played for the Catalan club in such an exciting time.

"A cycle has finished and a change of air was needed. Ronni, Deco and myself have all left. Now there will be another phase," he told El Mundo Deportivo.

"I wish him well. He is a great person and gave everything to Barcelona. I can only thank God that I played alongside side him for Barça and the national team."

Edmílson believes that Pep Guardiola could be a big success in charge of the Blaugrana despite not having had any previous coaching experience at the highest level.

"He has the capability and has spent many years at the club. In Brazil they took a risk with Dunga, who was made national team coach without any experience and has formed a great team," he continued.

In the middle of last season, Edmílson appeared to criticise his team-mates for their passion for material things ahead of playing well and hit the headlines.

"I made my point and I still think the same thing. My comments were not directed at anyone in particular. I only tried to give my vision of how a professional should be in his career," he continued.

"All I did was explained what our commitments as sportsmen and as employees of a club are. Maybe I should not have said black sheep and I could have said it in private instead of to the papers."

One game that Edmílson has already looked for on the fixture list for next season is the visit of Barcelona and he is happy that Villareal do not go to Camp Nou until close to the end of the campaign.

"To play against Barça for the first time will be very special. I have already looked at when they game comes along," he stated.

"I think that is better to go there later on. My departure was very recent and I am still emotional. I have still have a relationship with Barça because of friends and team-mates. That is normal.Now I must only think about Villarreal."

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All