Monday, July 21, 2008

Legend Cabrini Crucifies Ungrateful Juve

Former Italy and Juventus legend Antonio Cabrini has launched a sensational attack on his former club for leaving him out on the street to rot.

Former Italy and Juventus legend Antonio Cabrini

Cabrini is widely regarded as one of Italy’s greatest ever wing-backs, and he had an absolutely stunning career where he won virtually every major honour in the game for club and country.

During 13 years with Juventus from 1976 to 1989, Bell'Antonio made almost 450 appearances, picking up six Scudetti, a European Cup, UEFA Cup, European Cup Winners’ Cup and Intercontinental Cup among a host of other trophies.

Since retiring from football in 1991, Cabrini has found success in the managerial game hard to come by, with little joy at Arezzo, Crotone, Pisa, Novara, and last of all the Syria national team.

Cabrini has recently found work very hard to come by, and the 50-year-old is shocked by the treatment he has received from the current leadership of Juventus who have not offered him any help, and have left him on the street to rot.

"In February I left my post as coach of Syria because I could not work in complete disorganization,” Cabrini explained to La Stampa.

“I had some promises in Italy but in truth I am now out of the Calcio lobby. I don’t have friends who are agents. I have always avoided compromises.

"Of those from Juventus, only [Roberto] Bettega, has proved to be a true friend. The rest of the Juve are silent. They wanted former champions yet they have got rid of Marco Tardelli also.

“Look at Milan. Berlusconi will always find a place for former players. I gave 13 years of my career to Juve's shirt, I even agreed to play when I was injured.

“One can see that the gratitude in Turin does not exist.”

Cabrini was capped 73 times for Italy, playing at three World Cups, and famously missing a penalty in the 1982 final win over West Germany.

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All