Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sagna Happy With Gunners Return

Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna is looking forward to the new season after making his long-awaited return from injury…

Sagna

The classy full-back started in the Gunners’ traditional pre-season friendly against Barnet at the weekend, lasting until half-time before being substituted along with the rest of the starting line-up.

The 25-year-old, who had been out of action since sustaining an ankle injury against Chelsea in March, impressed amid a fairly pedestrian display by Arsene Wenger’s men.

Sagna had been among Arsenal’s better performers last term, delivering on the hype that saw him earn a ₤6million move from Auxerre during the summer of 2007.

The Frenchman is eager to pick up where he left off, and hopes to help the Londoners to some much-needed silverware this time around.

"I feel better now and I hope that I can feel better and better with every new game," Sagna told the club’s official website.

"The last couple of weeks have been hard because it is the first time since my injury that I have been in training.

"I needed to find my performance level again and be prepared to give more than I have before. I do think, though, that I will be fit for the start of the season.

"I want to focus on my own game, perform for Arsenal and see what the season brings. Hopefully it will be some cups."

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All