Thursday, July 24, 2008

Abidal Reveals Physical Difference

Éric Abidal has taken a swipe at the fitness levels of the Barcelona squad under Frank Rijkaard and stated that he suffered as a result, but things have changed this term

Abidal Reveals Physical Difference

The French full-back is enjoying pre-season under Pep Guardiola because of the renewed emphasis on physical work that he believes was missing under the previous coach.

After joining the club last summer, Abidal said at the time that things were different at the Catalan club, but this year he is confident that the new system will produce result.

"We will have to work hard and well these days so that we are tactically and physically a better team than last season," he told Barça's official website.

“It is all different. It is much more physical than last year, but this year I do not think physical aspects are going to be as fundamental as they were before.

"This year, from what I have seen so far, with things like positioning and unity on the pitch, we are doing things we need to be more aware of and we have to play together as a team more, we need to have a better understanding.

“The new coach wants everything and wants it well done. The boss works and speaks in a very specific way, and he wants us to operate in the same way."

Abidal thinks that now he has adapted to the club the city and his team-mates that he will be able to play like he knows that he can next season.

“Last year I had six very good months, but the I didn’t play as well as I had started. Personally, I need to work on fitness, my body is calling for that," he continued.

“Last season I found it really hard to adapt to the league, to the way the club and Spanish competition work. Now I know what it is all about and that’s good for me”.

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All