Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hleb: Things Are Very Different At Barcelona

Aliaksandr Hleb has revealed that he is enjoying Pep Guardiola's training sessions at Barcelona even though they are completely different from anything he experienced at Arsenal.
Hleb At Barca

The Belarusian midfielder has spent his first week with the Blaugrana and is adapting to life with the Catalan giants both on and off the pitch alongside his close friend, Thierry Henry.

After five years working under Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, Hleb is experiencing a different approach to the game with Guardiola taking his first steps in top flight coaching.

"In London things were very different, but for me there is no problem because we are professional and we can adapt to anything," he stated. "I like this way of training and Henry and Eidur Gudjohnsen help me to understand what Guardiola is saying.

"Henry helps me a lot though, he translates things for me and we speak a lot and I am learning. He explains everything to me and is constantly teaching me about the way thing are done here.

"I will adapt quickly though. I know that the league is very different from the Premier League, but I am convinced that I can do well."

One important date that Helb is already looking forward to is Christmas because for the first time since he played for Stuttgart he will have a family holiday.

"It is true that playing so many games in a short space of time over Christmas was very hard," he said. "For me, family life and Christmas are the best things i life and I have been unable to see that for many years. Now I will be able to."

Finally, Hleb looked ahead to his first appearance in a Barcelona shirt and hopes that he can avoidn receiving any knocks in the opening encounter against Hibernian on Thursday.

"These games are important because there a lot of new players and we have to see how we understand each other and how things work," he added. "It is also important that there are no injuries because in games like this you are no expecting any really tough challenges."

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All