Tuesday, July 22, 2008

De Melo: I'm Like Toni And Trezeguet

Palermo's new Brazilian striker Túlio De Melo is confident that he will do well in his new Sicilian surroundings.

De Melo: I'm Like Toni And Trezeguet

After three seasons in France with Le Mans, Brazilian centre forward De Melo is excited to get his Italian adventure underway, even reportedly promising to score 100 goals for the Rosanero.

When questioned about this figure, the 23 year old lightheartedly said, “It's not true that I promised all those goals, it was a misunderstanding with the press office,” going on to say, “My goals are not the important thing, I would swap them in return for Palermo victories.”

His altruistic view is unique in a position that thrives on selfishness. After picking the number 9 jersey for the coming season, De Melo was asked about who he shares characteristics with, responding, “My characteristics are similar to those of Toni or Trezeguet, but I'm not exactly like them.”

“My favourite players are Toni and Ibrahimovic,” said the Brazilian. These two players have had success in Serie A and perhaps they would serve as good examples for the youngster to follow. After two goals in his debut for Palermo against Nockberge on Sunday, rosanero supporters will have high expectations for the confident Brazilian.

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All