Sunday, July 13, 2008

Poulsen unfazed by Juve fans' protests

Danish midfielder Christian Poulsen is confident he can win over Juventus fans despite his unfriendly relationship with Italian supporters.

Poulsen unfazed by Juve fans' protests

Poulsen is poised to join Serie A giants Juventus from Spanish club Sevilla.

However, some of Juve fans unveiled a banner at the pre-season training camp to protest the imminent arrival of the 27-year-old.

But the tough-tackling midfielder is unfazed with the ongoing protests over the prospect of him joining the Bianconeri.

"I know full well my reputation as a provocateur, but I am not worried," Poulsen was quoted as saying by Calcio Italia.

"I can’t wait to get started, even if I know it won’t be easy for me in the first few games, especially in Rome and Milan after some past incidents.

"If a team buys me, they get someone who never gives in and always pushes 100 per cent to win."

Poulsen had an infamous confrontation with Italy playmaker Francesco Totti during EURO 2004.

During his spell with German side Schalke, Poulsen was also involved in an argument with Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso in a Champions League encounter.

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All