Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bojinov Hungry For City Success

Manchester City forward Valeri Bojinov has revealed his desire to make an impact on the Premier League after a disastrous debut season…

Bojinov Hungry For City Success
Bojinov is something of a forgotten man at Eastlands. The Bulgarian arrived last summer with a huge reputation, having been tagged as the continent’s answer to Wayne Rooney after impressing with Juventus and Fiorentina.

But the 22-year-old never had a chance to live up to the hype, as he suffered a season-ruining knee injury during City’s clash with Manchester United in August. He returned to training in February but did not appear again for the first-team.

The ex-Lecce hitman’s pre-season has been disrupted by a minor muscle problem, but he is determined to overcome that as he seeks to impress new boss Mark Hughes.

"I want to stay fit, I want to play and want to train with the team," Bojinov said. "There’s a new coach now and it’s very important for me because it’s close to the start of a new season.

"It’s important to be in training so the Manager can see me and I want to demonstrate my quality. I want to play well and score because I am a striker and the supporters didn't have a chance to see me last season because of my injury."

Hungry

City supporters will be no doubt be hoping Bojinov does fulfil expectations once he gets the chance, as the signing of Brazilian youngster Jo has laid the foundations for what could be one of England’s most exciting strike pairings.

Bojinov hopes so too, as he is desperate to make the most of his opportunities next term and help the Sky Blues achieve success on both the domestic and European fronts.

"It’s very important to come back and play," he continued. "I only had those three appearances and they were for such a short amount of time.

"So I want to play because City are a very important team, playing in the UEFA Cup, which is a very important tournament because you are on the European stage.

"I’m very hungry to come back and play on that green pitch because it’s been almost one year since I’ve been out on there with the team. So I am hungry for everything, training, playing and scoring goals."

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All