Saturday, July 19, 2008

Martins Distances Arsenal Link

Obafemi Martins is happy with Arsenal talk, but assures Geordies that he has another three years at Newcastle United.

UEFA Cup Newcastle's Obafemi Martins


According to Sky Sports, Obafemi Martins, Newcastle's pacy forward, says he is not paying attention to the continued speculation linking him with a move away from St James' Park.

Martins' name has been one of many as a potential replacement for apparent want-away target man, Emmanuel Adebayor.

The former Internazionale man told Sky Sports News: "I really want to play for Newcastle. I really love the fans as well.

"There is talk about Arsenal, which is a good thing because they play in the UEFA Champions League, but for now I am a Newcastle player and I will stay here for three years," he added: "I am happy, very happy."

On the scenario that Arsenal were to make a bid, he said: "It is up to Newcastle. I still have three more years left and I really want to play for Newcastle. I want to my best to help them into Europe."

Martins has tallied over 20 goals for the Tyneside outfit, one of which included a thunderous strike against Arsenal rivals, Tottenham Hotspur, it was calculated to be travelling at a speed of 84mph, which The Guardian claim to be the 9th hardest shot ever hit.

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All