Saturday, July 12, 2008

We Can Make Champions League Final - Chiellini

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini talked about the national team and his ambition to lift a trophy in the coming season.



It's almost time for every team to get back on the training ground for the summer. Next Thursday it's Juventus' turn, and defender Giorgio Chiellini thinks this year will be the right one to lift a trophy again.

"This year I want us to lift a trophy," he said.

Today he will be honored by politician Pier Ferdinando Casini as Italy's best player at Euro 2008. "I did not expect to do so well, but it should be a starting point for me," was his reaction to that.

On the national team and Marcello Lippi's return, he said: "Nothing changes for me, I only have to think about working hard and being ready. With Donadoni I've also done well."

Coming back on Juventus: "I can't wait to get started. I'm enjoying the last days of rest, but I talk to my team mates and the coach every day and I'm working on my own to restart well."

On the Champions League, Chiellini did not hide his ambition: "I can't wait to get back into Europe. With Capello I had played 6 games. This year I want to go all the way. In these competitions not always the best team wins: we will need to do great things, but we have what it takes to get to the final.

"We start from an excellent basis and we also have another new player coming in. Of course, it's not easy to rebuild the team of champions of the past, but we are on the right road."

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All