Thursday, July 10, 2008

Trezegol hangs up the boots

France striker David Trezeguet has announced his international retirement on Wednesday after knowing that Raymond Domenech will remain in charge of Les Bleus until 2010.

Trezegol

“The bad Euro situation and the confirmation of coach have forced me to make this irreversible decision,” the Juventus striker told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Domenech dropped the 30-year old player, who bagged 20 goals for the Old Lady last season, from France squad for the EURO 2008.

"What's happened to me is unacceptable and inexcusable. On the pitch I've shown that I deserve my place. The choices made are incomprehensible, I deserve to go to the Euros," Trezegol added.

The former European Champion hoped to resume his international career following France’s poor exit from the EURO 2008 but he won’t have a chance with Domenech in charge.

“I see football differently to how they see it in France. Euro 2008 was very negative, but it was the faith in Domenech that really annoyed me.

“Decisions seemed to be made politically rather than for footballing reasons and the public opinion in my favour wasn’t respected,” concluded Trezeguet.

David Trézéguét's 20 goals last season for Juventus in Serie A were not good enough for Domenech.He was not included France's losing Euro team .So now "The awful Euros and the (re)confirmation of the (same)coach " have led Trezegol to call it quits at the tender age of 31.
He's also gone on record saying that besides there being too much of Domenech there was also too much of politics and too less of football in France.

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All