Friday, July 11, 2008

Beckham: I Nearly Joined Milan

England symbol David Beckham has revealed that he came very close to joining AC Milan last year, prior to his move to LA Galaxy.

David Beckham

Beckham left Real Madrid in the summer of 2007 to move to the United States, but he has explained how, prior to agreeing to join LA Galaxy, he came mightily close to signing for Milan.

“I was very close to signing for Milan,” Beckham told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I thought very hard about the opportunity, but in the end I decided to come to the United States.

“Milan are a top-level club, which is what I was looking for after Real Madrid and Manchester United.

“The Diavolo are the side that I like best in Serie A and they have played excellent football for years. Furthermore, I like the country and I often go there on holiday.”

The 33-year-old Beckham, who has won 102 caps for England, played for Manchester United from 1993 to 2003, and Real Madrid from 2003 to 2007.

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All