Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Unhappy Kompany Heads Back To HSV

Vincent Kompany has decided to not risk the full wrath of Hamburger SV after all and is now on his way back from Beijing.



The 22-year-old was prepared to defy his club's orders by staying at the Olympics beyond the second game that they had grudgingly agreed to, but he has since had a change of heart as a result of the Belgian federation's refusal to support him in his stance.

"It's a crying shame that I have to leave my country in a time of need," Kompany told a Belgian reporter.

"I am very disappointed that I didn't receive the support of the federation. I had informed everybody in Hamburg that my place is here.

"But I think that under the current conditions it's too risky to stay here," he concluded, referring to the prospect of disciplinary action by his team.

Whether Kompany has incurred any punishment already as a result of his short-lived rebellion remains to be seen, though it is unlikely that HSV will shoot themselves in the foot by suspending him, with the season opener against Bayern Munich coming up on Friday.

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All