Sunday, August 10, 2008

Eto'o Is Vital To Barcelona - Messi

Lionel Messi believes that Barcelona must not let Samuel Eto'o leave and thanked Pep Guardiola for understanding how he felt about playing in the Olympic Games.




The 21-year-old is on international duty at the Olympic Games, but hopes to return to Camp Nou to find his Cameroonian team-mate still at the club next season.

With rumours that Eto'o may be forced out at the end of last season, the striker's impressive pre-season form may have meant Barça have changed their plans and could now keep him and that would pleased Messi.

"The truth is that I had no problems because I have already spoken to the club on several occasions. There was good communication and I was under no pressure," he told AS.


"I think that he is the best striker in the world at the moment and I do not think there is anyone comparable available. To have him in our team is very important.

The Argentinian star is currently in China representing his country after the Blaugrana relented in their quest to take him back for the Champions League qualifiers in midweek.

After scoring in his first game, Messi revealed how Guardiola talked to him and was able to relate after being on of the star's of the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona when Spain won the football gold.

"He was a player himself and knows how footballers feel in moments like this and he knew it was a complicated situation," he continued. "The coach has supported me since he took at the club and from the first day we have talked about the Olympic Games.

"I spoke to him a bit about Beijing, but he told me more about when he played and how great it was and that was why he understood my position and why I wanted to stay out here.

"He was fantastic with me and I am very grateful for that.

"I always remained calm. I also said what I wanted, even when the CAS ruling was made, because the club knew how I felt. They behaved very well with me and let me stay."

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All