Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mourinho: I Am Not Special, But I Am The Best

New Inter boss Jose Mourinho is all smiles during Inter's friendly against Sevilla in the Amsterdam tournament. Even a boring goalless draw could not wipe it off.
Inter coach Jose Mourinho admits that he is not the ‘special one’ but he is the best as he believes no-one is better than him.


The Portuguese coach was labelled as ‘Special’ by the English media when he gave his first press conference at Chelsea in 2004. The name has stuck since.

However, Mourinho doesn’t believe he is should be hailed in that way but he does insist that he is better than any other coach around the world.

“I arrived in London and I said ‘I was a normal coach, coaching a special group’, the next day I became the special one,” Mourinho told La Gazzetta Dello Sport.

“I wouldn’t call myself special. Maybe I am not the best in the world but I do think that no coach is better than me.”

The 2004 Champions League winning coach spoke about his old boss Roman Abramovic and new chief Massimo Moratti and he has described both men as passionate for the game.

“They have great passion for football and this is fundamental but Moratti has been at Inter for 63 years, from the day he was born. Roman has only been at Chelsea for five years,” added the coach.

“Ibra? Everyone knows he is great, and he will win great things as well.”

Mourinho is keen on glory and the Nerazzurri continue their search for some more Serie A points on Sunday when they visit Torino.

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All