Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Miccoli: Roma Not The Same Without Totti

Miccoli: Roma Not The Same Without Totti
Palermo forward Fabrizio Miccoli is gearing up for this weekend’s clash against Roma, and he says that the capital outfit are not the same team without inspirational captain Francesco Totti.


Totti snapped his anterior cruciate ligament during a match against Livorno at the end of April, and had to undergo surgery.

The 31-year-old has since been working his way back to fitness, but he will not be ready to take to the field against Palermo on Saturday.

Palermo star Miccoli was asked in an interview with SKY Sports 24, just how Roma would cope without their skipper.

"Roma have many solutions but the captain is a fundamental figure,” Miccoli stated.

“As an opponent I prefer not to see him on the pitch because I know what he can do.”

Miccoli has been a thorn in Roma’s side in the past, and during the best season of his career, at Perugia in 2002/03, the pocket-dynamo scored in both league games against the Giallorossi.

"I remember well. We drew 2-2, and then Perugia won 1-0. My daughter Swami was born and I dedicated the winning goal to her,” he recalled.

“Should I now dedicate a goal to my son Diego, who was born recently? Hopefully, we will see on Saturday.”

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All