Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kaká Backs Messi For Ballon d'Or

Kaká Backs Messi For Ballon d'Or
Kaká has revealed that he would like to see Lionel Messi win the Ballon d'Or ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo this year. He seemed to rule himself out of contention, but the AC Milan and Brazil playmaker vowed to be back to win the trophy in the future...


The Brazilian star vowed to return to challenge for personal honours after tipping the Barcelona forward to pick the France Football award ahead of Ronaldo.

Many have tipped the Manchester United playmaker after he helped the club win the title and the Champions League, but for ability alone, Kaká prefers Messi.

"Messi is a truly great player. Cristiano Ronaldo is also very good and deserves the away, but I want Leo to be my successor," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"He has incredible ability and can control the ball superbly and that makes him one of the best players in the world.

"I think he is the sort of player that you would always want in your team.

"I am only talking about this year. My aim is to recover my form as quickly as possible and to try and win th trophy again in Paris and the FIFA World Player of the Year in Zürich.



"But for that to happen I have to be playing at a consistently good level for Milan."

Kaká then stated that he believes Ronaldinho's move from Barça to Milan will turn out to be a bargain for the Serie A side and explained that he enjoys playing alongside him.

"Without doubt he will be the best signing of the season in the Italian league. Our paths in life have been very different, but that does not mean that we cannot be friends," he continued.

"Above all, it does not mean that we cannot play together either."

Finally, Kaká moved to reiterate his desire to stay with Milan despite the annual rumours of him attracting the biggest clubs on the continent.

"First it was about Madrid now everyone is talking about going to England. That is how the market is, but I insist that I am not going anywhere, he explained.

"My relationship with everyone at the club is excellent and unless someone has a change of plans one day and decides to sell me, I will not be moving."

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All