Saturday, July 5, 2008

Ballota, 44, still eyeing Serie A action

Italian keeper Marco Ballota said he will be playing next season in the Serie A despite turning 44.

Ballota

"While I still enjoy playing and want to be out on the pitch I will keep looking for a club," Ballota was quoted as saying by Calcio Italia on Friday.

Ballota became the oldest player ever to play in the Italian League last season with Lazio.

But Lazio decided against extending Ballota's contract after a campaign marred by dreadful errors.

However, the veteran goalie said he is still keen on playing for the 29th successive season.

"I am very proud that I still appeal to teams at the age of 44. It means that I have done well in the past," Ballota said.

"For now I am off to Egypt on holiday and then I will be back and ready to go."

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All