Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sneijder rules out United talks

Wesley Sneijder has refuted claims that he is joining Manchester United from Real Madrid, stressing that he is happy at Santiago Bernabeu.

Sneijder

The Holland midfielder was involved in a part-exchange deal, including Real target Cristiano Ronaldo, who is eager to join the Spanish titans.

"I'd like to comment briefly on the reports and rumors that I might be going to Manchester United as part of some kind of exchange deal," Sneijder was quoted by personal website Sneijderofficial.com.

"As I've said already, when I left Ajax, all I wanted was to go to Real Madrid. They are the best club in the world.

"And now that I'm here, all I want is to win as many trophies as I can with them and wear the white shirt for as long as possible.

"The same rumors have been doing the rounds about Robinho. Well, I hope he stays too, and I hope that Cristiano Ronaldo joins us at the Bernabeu.

"In short, I'm flattered to be linked to Manchester United...but it's not happening. End of story."

Despite the Oranje's quarter-finals elimination at the hands of Russia, Sneijder enjoyed a tremendous EURO 2008 campaign, scoring some cracking goals in Austria and Switzerland.

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All