Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Wayne Happy To Stay At The Bridge

As understudy to Ashley Cole, Chelsea left-back Wayne Bridge has defended his decision to remain at Stamford Bridge.

Wayne Bridge - Chelsea

England left-back Wayne Bridge is second choice in his position at Chelsea, with fellow England international Ashley Cole ahead of him in the pecking order. The former Southampton star could probably walk into the first-teams of most other Premier League clubs, but has instead opted to sign a handsomely-remunerated new four-year deal with the Blues this summer.

It was a key decision in his career because his ambition is to reclaim his England place. But Bridge reckons his chances are better at Stamford Bridge under Luiz Felipe Scolari’s management than they would be at a smaller club.

He told The Sun: "It depends which way you look at it.

“If I go elsewhere does it mean for certain I am going to play for England? I don't think so.

"If I compete with Ashley here and show I am as good as him, I've got more chance of getting an England place.

"It shows they don't really know what they are talking about and personally I think I did well last year. This year I am hoping I can prove I am as good as him and play more games.

"The big games, that is what you want to be playing in to get noticed.

"The way the gaffer plays, he likes the full-backs to bomb forward and that is what I like to do so hopefully I will get used a lot.

"He definitely likes his full-backs to get forward and get involved and it is something that all the full-backs we have at this club can do, so it is both a hard choice and an easy choice for him because whichever he chooses are going to play well."

No comments:

Blog Archive

 

If You Want To Exchange: All4All@hotmail.com
All4All